Ciao ma’ lady!
So, I’m a curious broad and I want to get to know your sweet ass since you stopped by and I’m thinkin’ you have some dreams you want to make happen, right?!
Would you say you are a woman that struggles with..
- Allowing your sweet voice to be heard
- Stepping outside your cozy comfort zone
- Rockin’ out the life of your dreams
- Shining your light so damn bright others need sunglasses around you
Are you flailing your head up and down in agreement screaming, "Hell yes, woman!?"
Awesome, you are my kinda' gal then, so I want to know even more about you my darlin'...
Have you went to the mat with some of these challenges and self-talk...
(maintaining them, intimacy, when to stay, when to leave, vulnerability, choosing a partner)
(standing up for yourself in relation to co-workers/boss, being “respected” in your industry, speaking your truth in the workplace, getting a promotion)
- Exploring your purpose
(“What am I meant to do here on Earth?” “Should I quit my job?” “Do I go back to school?”)
- Pursuing your dreams
(“It’s too late.” “I’m too old.” “I’m not special enough to make an impact.” I don’t have the money.” “I’m too busy.”)
- Self-confidence, self-worth
(“I can’t leave this relationship because ______.” “I’ve invested too much to just quit.” “I’m not _____ enough to do that.”)
- Negative Energy (limitations & judgment)
(“If only _______ wouldn’t have screwed me over, I would have _____” “Only rich people can pursue those big dreams.”)
Now, by experiencing these struggles and out-right frustration, I'm thinkin' you have...
- Definitely gotten familiar with the Barnes & Noble self-help section.
- Watched a marathon of Oprah episodes and read The Secret over and over again.
- And perhaps you even dabbled in some counseling and/ or went on and off medication.
- Embarked on different spiritual practices.
- Oh yeah, did you try a coach, too?
- Aaaaand I’m really betting you have told yourself to “Suck it up, sister!”
- Made yourself feel wrong for even dreaming of the possibility that you deserve to have something better in your life.
Well, my sweet sister I am going to explain why some of this shizzle may not have worked out for you. There are tons ‘o theories why solutions don’t work, but for you I have a hunch that perhaps…
- Enough layer peeling and trench digging did not happen to get to the “Why” of things (it’s a scary place to go for many peeps).
- Timing – perhaps you just weren’t ready to “change.”
- Planning: You did counseling, coaching, self-help-ing, but maybe a plan wasn’t in place after you were ready to jump, or you were too scared to dive into that big ocean of a new life!
- A rockin’ support system was not in place to walk you through this new journey of uncharted waters and walkin’ waaaay outside your comfort zone…Hand holding is a must at times!
- You caught a case of the “How’s”: How’s tend to be too specific and too often belong to someone else, so you feel bad when you try to follow the “How-To” steps and they don’t work for you; judgment city becomes your home and it’s not a pretty place to live.
So, how does one begin living the dream life as a Ballsy Broad?
- Dream Land: What are your brightest hopes, dreams, wishes, heart songs, love beats? Let’s play in this world and unlock all that has been buried or hidden for way too long, so you may live the life you desire within your heart.
- Story Land: What stories do you tell yourself that keep you stuck, limited and not living out your dreams? Whatever we tell ourselves becomes our truth which becomes our life. If you want a new, dream-fulfilled life you must begin telling yourself a new story.
- A Star is Born: This is where you write your new story, unblock all that has been blocking you, whack away limitations and energetically kick your ass into freedom. How does that happen you ask? Create a new mindset that works for YOU, fear bust through all the what if’s and I cant’s, and start taking action on your life with me by your side holding your hand + lovingly callin’ you on your shit if that’s what’s needed to get you unstuck.
What a ride of info…whooo, take a deep breath ‘cause I’m about to drop a bomb on ya:
Are you ready to step into Ballsy Broad Living yet? Yes! No!
Hold up, I bet you’re wondering my crazy qualifications to have the nerve to ask you to live a dreamy, Ballsy Broad life, huh?
Well, sister, in all honesty I do believe one of my gifts in this life is being a huge frickin' risk taker, no doubt there. However, that does not mean I’ve had it easy or my road was smooth sailing in pursuit of my dream life…not at all.
I’ve been a big dreamer ever since I was a little girl. Amidst the chaos, heartbreak and dysfunction of my emotionally detached mother I wanted so bad to have a “normal” mother-daughter relationship with, I would sit in my room where my fantasy life became my salvation; it took me from where I was to where I wanted to be. What was in that dream? Making an impact on other’s lives in a humongous way! I could see myself on stages, in front of big crowds, spreading a positive message to the world all while laughing and just being me. I have followed that bliss feeling my whole life because I felt it to be my truth, and because of that I am here today “Livin’ the dream” that has been in my heart for as long as I can recall. This experience is not just for me or the “special ones” it is for you as well my soul sister.
I became an adult at 14-years old when I moved out of my parent’s house because I knew I wanted and deserved (damn it) a better life for myself (even at that age). I grew up surrounded by broken promises, minimal guidance and love, instability, addiction, utilities being shut off to money being thrown at me, bouncing from “home” to “home” while my friends parents graciously said, “Please stay with us” and then moving out of town at 18-years old on my journey to figure out where I “belonged.”
I have loved in relationships and truly felt unconditional love right back; I’ve been stubborn, selfish and not willing to budge in many relationships; I didn’t believe in marriage and couldn’t stand children – only to marry one of my soul-teachers in life and have a beautiful daughter; I have held grudges and learned the healing power of forgiveness; I have watched the magic of life come into this world with a new baby’s cry and I have watched my mother transition to her next journey as she die of cancer; I’ve moved - back and forth, up and down; been impulsive, thought I knew it all (only to eat my own words), thought I knew what I was meant to do only to question myself over and over again, started and stopped school, quit a well-paying job to build a business, took care of an elderly parent with dementia, woke up sobbing at 2:00AM wondering why things are working out and even wanted to throw in the towel more than once.
My life experiences allow me to really be your trusted guide. You know that cool girlfriend or big sister you always wished would kinda take you under her wing and let you in on all her secrets? Yep that’s me. I’m that fun, wise, compassionate, rock star sister that will help you get through the scary times and reassure you that everything really will be just fine.
What I learned most which has propelled me this far and into my dream life is that I have two distinct choices: sink or swim; I choose to swim. Each time I make the choice to swim – it propels me to the larger dream I have for myself. It also gives me the confidence to try something even if I “fail”, and that I could do ANYTHING my heart desires…just by making a choice to SHOW UP in life no matter what. And follow that deep desire I have in my heart to follow my bliss – even if I don’t know how the hell I’m going to get there.
Guess what? It. Is. ALL. Worth. It...If you CHOOSE it to be.
If you haven't stopped reading yet, you might just be ready to grow a pair, and if you can answer "yes" to the following questions then you are definitely ready to embark on some Ballsy Broad Living.
- Are you sick of being invisible?
- Do you feel like you are stuck in a box?
- Are you afraid of being rejected?
- Do you feel you are being held back from your hearts desires?
- Are you frustrated and perhaps don’t know why?
- Are you frustrated and know why and are ready to do something about it?
- Do you want to feel a sense of contribution to the world?
- Are you yearning to be heard?
- Do you want to make a change (in yourself, the world)?
- Do you long for the recognition you deserve?
- Are you ready to stand up for yourself (in work, relationships, etc.)?
- Do you have a distinct dream you are ready to pursue?
If your head was nodding, “Yes” to these questions you are my ideal Ballsy Broad in Training. I want to help you create and change the rules of the game, so you may have more wins and celebrate those wins with you. Sound fabulous?
"I wasn't born to sit on my ass and play small. I was born to break the mold, question, be bold and brave, color outside the lines, sing off-key + SHINE my light wherever I go." - Keli Conci